photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

April 08, 2018

FMR's March Favorite Read 2018


Each month the girls at FMR pick their favorite books they read that were released during the month. Check out the list for March.




I’m a bad girl.
I was sent away.
New house. New rules. New school.
Change was supposed to be…good.

Until I met him.

No one warned me Principal Renner would be so hot.
I’d expected some old, graying man in a brown suit.
Not this.
Not well over six feet of lean muscle and piercing green eyes.
Not a rugged-faced, ax-wielding lumberjack of a man.

He’s grouchy and rude and likes to boss me around.
I find myself getting in trouble just so he’ll punish me.
Especially with his favorite metal ruler.

Being bad never felt so good.




Lauren captivated me with those big brown eyes of hers, and I knew my life would never be the same. What started out as friendship, has turned into so much more.

I was shocked when Tristian asked for my number. There hasn't been a day since that I haven't heard from him. He may be the drummer, but that deep sexy voice, it turns me inside out.

I assumed it would be one and done, but that's not how our story ends.

I worry it's not what he wants. He tells me he's Definite.



The sexy, single dad of the MTF finally gets his turn.......

Mason “Menace” Harrison

“Single and ready to mingle……”

Those are the words above every picture of almost every female that strikes my interest on this dating app my son talked me into getting. After being a single dad for seventeen years, I’m ready to spread my wings, just not with most of the co-eds who keep hitting on me and calling me daddy.

Now that Caleb’s in his Senior year of high school, I feel like I can let go of the iron-clad control I’ve had on myself without his Mom in our lives. I’ve enjoyed raising him, love the relationship we have, and while he went off the rails for a bit last year, we’re closer than we’ve ever been. He’s got a full ride to the University of Alabama, and I’ve settled into my spot with the Moonshine Task Force.

But my son doesn’t warm my bed, he isn’t someone I can share my dreams with, and he’s not the person I want to grow old with by my side. I’m not sure who that is yet, but the smokin’ hot lady going by the name BeachBum83 definitely has every single bit of my interest.

Karina Holland

“Looking for a good time, maybe more…..”

Those were the lamest words I ever typed in my life, but it was the best I had for the dating app my friend, Violet talked me into joining. I didn’t have any high hopes for myself. As a High School English teacher, I’m sick of pervy Dad’s hitting on me when they come in to discuss their child’s lack of motivation to read the classics and apply themselves.

Until the day Mason Harrison walks into my classroom. I had no idea Caleb’s Dad was the man I met off that dating app who showed me how flexible I really am in the back of his Jeep. Within minutes of the parent/teacher conference he proved the sparks weren’t one-time only when we christened my desk.

Mason and Caleb? They touch a part of my heart that no one’s ever touched before, and when a threat from the past shows up, I prove just how tough I really am.


They're not quite enemies. Not really friends. More like frustrated balls of sexual tension and neither will give in.

Lance Gibson drives Mariah Malarkey absolutely crazy. He uses her office like a phone booth, takes cupcakes from the corner of her desk like she baked them just for him. She didn't. Maybe she knew the history teacher happened to love peanut butter icing, but that was purely a coincidence. All sixteen times.

Mariah has a way of getting under Lance's skin too. She calls him out on his crap, spoils him even if inadvertently, and seeing the librarian in skirts drives him wild. She won't give in. It's for the best, really, considering there's no way he could lie to a woman like that and he's not about to tell her the truth about himself. Not in a million years.

These two don't hate each other. They don't really like each other. But for this to be a friends-to-lovers story, they have to start somewhere, right?



When you've got nothing left to live for, you've got nothing left to lose. 

In one tragic moment, Cameron Lewis lost everything. His fiancĂ©e. His unborn child. His perfect life. 
Now, he does what needs to be done in order to get by. Work hard. Play it safe. They're his mottos, and he's not going to break them. 
Until a beautiful woman with the ocean in her eyes and freedom in her soul comes to his rescue. She's never known the kind of tragedy he has-and that's what makes her so damn appealing.
But can Cameron finally let go and risk that last piece of himself? Will honest love be enough?



Trigger…

I thought the light would bring redemption.

Salvation.

But it only brought the Devil to my doorstep.

My demons are breaking through, and the reaper is moving closer.

My weakness has been exposed, and there’s only one person who can calm this hell…

Tess…

I broke a promise to myself, and now I’m paying for it.

I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be a part of this hell.

But I don’t have a choice…

The reaper is riding bitch on our backs.


\

Kyle Kingston-Moore has a reputation. 
Adrenaline seeker. Commitment-phobe. Gigolo of the skies.
He’s worked tirelessly to make a success out of Sensational Skydives, on occasion providing extra services to deliver the ultimate jump experience. The adrenaline helps him forget the loneliness and the gaping hole left in his heart. When the rush wears off, he’s on the hunt again—a vicious circle of avoidance.
Kalani Hart knows all about avoidance.
Wide-open spaces. Social situations. Uncontrolled environments.
For years, fear has crippled Kalani’s attempts to lead a normal life after a random attack that tore her family apart. Finally, Kalani is on her way to recovery. She knows she needs to face her nightmares, but taking the plunge is easier said than done. When her therapist challenges her to take on skydiving, item number one on her bucket list, Kalani has to decide if she’s truly ready to take charge of her life.
Will one tandem jump with Kyle be the key to Kalani getting her life back, or will they both find themselves stranded in a place where their hearts decide what happens next?
When the adrenaline is this high, anything can happen.



Nate Pearson is ridiculously handsome and wears the hell out of a suit and tie, but I’ve seen the parade of beautiful women leaving his apartment across the hall—a different one every time—and I want no part of it. When it comes to romance, I’m looking for something real, something that will last: the happily ever after. 

As a divorce attorney, he loves to tell me there’s no such thing.

As a wedding planner, I choose to disagree.

We disagree on almost everything, in fact. Everything except James Bond. The only time we really get along is when we’re watching 007 flicks together, and I’ll admit—he has rescued me from a disaster or five. So when one of the baton twirlers from his parade leaves a baby girl at his door with a note that says “I’ll come back for her” and he begs me for help, I can’t turn him down.

But it’s a mistake. 

Because watching him with his daughter, I start to see another side of Nate, a side that has my breath coming faster, my body craving his, my heart longing for him to change his mind about love and tell me there’s a chance for us. 

I don’t want to be just another girl leaving his apartment in the morning.

I want to be the one he asks to stay.



One wouldn’t expect a sexy-as-sin rocker like Eli Renard to spend time with a woman just as a friend, but that’s exactly what Emersyn Wallace is to him. Just a friend. Even though she’s matured into a beauty, Eli still doesn’t remotely see his childhood pal as a sex-object. When tragedy brings her back into his world, Eli moves mountains to help Emersyn get back onto her feet by finding her a job as a backup singer for Jacob’s Ladder. At first, Eli is thrilled that Emerysn is along on tour, and he sets out to do his best to help her forget her sorrow through a range of crazy friend dates. But after spending so much time with her in such close quarters, Eli finds his feelings beginning to shift. He no longer sees Emersyn as the once awkward young girl he played some of his first songs with. Soon it’s not only his body that reacts to her, but it’s also his heart. He’s about to learn what a dangerous game it is to dry a widow’s tears.

After losing her husband and singing partner in a tragic accident, Emersyn Wallace spent the last eight months drowning in a sea of grief. With the bills piling up and her family and friends concerned about her emotional welfare, she reluctantly agrees to join the Jacob’s Ladder’s tour. While recapturing her lost love of singing and performing, she finds both comfort and healing in Eli’s gregarious personality and outrageous sense of humor. But as the anniversary of her husband’s death approaches, she finds herself in turmoil over her new amorous feelings for Eli.

Can Eli and Emersyn find the perfect melody to transition from friends to lovers, or will their relationship end out of tune?



Harmony Mayson isn’t the kind of girl to take unnecessary risk, but after meeting Harlen MacCabe, she starts to wonder if maybe she should be. The more time she spends with the wild and free biker, the more she starts to crave the freedom he gives her... And even more, she starts to crave him.

Harlen lives his life on his own terms. After losing both his parents at an early age to a robbery gone bad, he knows how precious life is, and he’s determined to get as much out of it as he can. When he runs into the beautiful Harmony and finds out she’s moving to town, he knows it’s time to take his shot. She thinks he only wants to be friends, but she couldn’t be more wrong.

What Harmony and Harlen don’t know is that their time might be cut short. Revenge is in the air, and someone won’t stop until a debt is settled.



Relationships are complex.
Love ever-changing.
And when it comes to rules of the heart, 
they were made to be broken…

That’s what Robert Antonio Bianchi was telling himself, anyway. 
Otherwise, he really had no excuse for what—or who—he’d done. 

No excuse, except for his lonely heart, a pitcher of margaritas, four Bitter Bitches, and the apparent need to confess all his weaknesses to the two men he knew would bring him nothing but trouble.

But trouble was nothing new. 

Just ask his crazy sisters or any of his friends, and they’d be the first to tell you:
If there was a bad decision to be made, Robbie always had a knack for making it. 

And thus begins the story of the priest, the princess, and the prick.



I don’t know what love is anymore.

Well, that’s not entirely true, but I’m going to tell you a little secret: I’ve lost the spark. 

You know the kind of spark I’m talking about? 

Where butterflies take flight in your stomach from two hands innocently colliding. Or catching your breath when you first meet someone attractive. Yeah, that spark.

Except I haven't felt that feeling in forever; there is nothing left inside of me. 

Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem--but I’m a writer on a serious deadline, and my editor is breathing down my neck for a romantic, Nicholas Sparks type love story. No pressure, right?

That's how I find myself flying across the country to crash a wedding in the name of research, dress and heels stuffed into my small suitcase. 

It should be the easiest book research ever. Drinking some free champagne, basking in the love of two strangers, and tapping into my romantic side. That’ll be a breeze. I'm a pro. I can handle this.

Until I mistakenly end up in the wrong hotel room, naked as the day I was born, with the sexiest human I have ever met staring me down, wondering what I'm doing taking a shower in his bathroom. 

I don’t think calling it “research” will get me out of this mess. 

But it will make for one hell of a story



I got out of this place. I made something of myself. I did it. 
I’m Bo Hart and I had the world at my fingertips. Bull riding was my ‘in’ to freedom from this small town. 
In under a minute, all of it was ripped away.
Gone in the blink of an eye.
Now I’m back in town, and I’m not that happy about it. I’ve got too much time and not enough thrills. 
Kinlee was my first love. She’s the girl I pined for since we were little. When I left, I never planned on coming back. Now that I am, I hadn’t expected to find Kinlee still single, sexy as ever. I especially hadn‘t planned on finding her playing mom to her teenage siblings because of their parents’ sudden death. Now that I’m back, she needs to notice the new me. The grown-up me. She notices all right, but she also notices I’m still an adrenaline junky. 
I still need that surge pumping through my veins.
She still likes to play it safe and have her days planned out. I don’t mind her ways, but she certainly can’t get used to mine. Doesn’t mean I’m going to stop though. 
It took minutes to rip my career from the spotlight. 
It only takes seconds to decide whose life is worth more, and the outcome of that split-second decision will change everything.




A FORBIDDEN LOVE SET IN THE EXPLOSIVE WORLD OF THE NBA...

Think you know what it's like being a baller's girl?
You don't.
My fairy tale is upside down.
A happily never after.
I kissed the prince and he turned into a fraud.
I was a fool, and his love - fool's gold.
Now there's a new player in the game, August West.
One of the NBA's brightest stars.
Fine. Forbidden.
He wants me. I want him.
But my past, my fraudulent prince, just won't let me go

*Some aspects of this story may be sensitive for some readers.




 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

2 comments:

  1. I've been dying to read Only You by Melanie Harlow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodluck and Thank you for your support.

      <3 FMR Girls

      Delete